Monday, August 15, 2011

Sunsets and more

I'm sitting here in front of the computer, watching the beautiful sunset and thinking about how much God has blessed us. We don't have a huge house (we live in a tiny apartment) and shop at second hand stores, but we are still blessed!

God continues to provide for us again and again. In fact, when I think of our family, I can't help but be amazed. Our son Lazarus, who turned three in June is in fact a miracle.

I have talked about this a few times before and have shared the story on the Joykids radio show (heard each Saturday morning on Joy 1250, www.joy1250.ca). I was told that he may not survive when I was pregnant with him and in fact, a couple of times Doctor's suggested that I terminate the pregnancy. It was a tough pregnancy, I ended with complete bedrest for over 4 months and had to make several trips to the ER... BUT, God provided us with a healthy baby! Lazarus is full of life, full of energy (seriously) and is a joy to our lives. With his life, with how God has blessed us with an incredible daughter Shanarah who makes us smile each and every day, I can't ever say that we're not blessed.

So, remember to count your blessings! Think of the old hymn which reminds us to think of how God has given us so much. No one has a perfect life, there are many trials and sometimes, for some of you it may be hard to wake up in the morning... BUT, lean on God. He has promised to never leave or forsake us!

Remember, you can always get a hold of us through our e-mail, contactjoykids@aol.com

No comments:

Powered By Blogger